Generally, when I come up with dishes, I look for inspiration from other home cooks/chefs/Facebook posts/Pinterest/etc to help me. This recipe originated from Rachel Ray and I changed it due to my crazy schedule. I’m sharing it because it is easy, it’s fast, it makes ALOT, and it’s changeable! Lasagna isn’t an easy dish to do for dinner but this one makes it not seem so bad. It takes literally 30 minutes to make and is delicious! Try it out! You’ll see!
30 Minute Lasagna
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef or mild Italian sausage (your preference)
- 1 lb Bowtie pasta
- 1 small container of Ricotta cheese (approximately 10 oz)
- 1 Medium white onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Fresh spinach
- 2-3 cups of Spaghetti sauce or your favorite jar of sauce
- 3 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped- 1 tbsp set aside for topping)
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- S & P to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
In a large skillet, cook the meat on medium heat and break into smaller pieces. While the meat is cooking, boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta until it is el dente (8-9 minutes). Drain the pasta and set aside. After the meat if fully cooked, add in the onion, garlic, and spices. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions have softened. Stir every minute or so.
Next, add in the sauce and spinach. Stir gently until everything is combined. Lower the heat of the skillet to low and fold in the pasta along with the ricotta cheese.
Cover the top of with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, at 400° to melt the cheese.
Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and serve. As always, enjoy!
- For a lighter option: use cottage cheese instead of ricotta and use whole grain pasta.